The Surprises of Pregnancy, Expecting Our First Son and Starting a Family

The Surprises of Pregnancy, Expecting Our First Son and Excitement of Starting a Family!!

Jaggar Parks Brown

Jaggar Parks Brown
Jaggar Parks Brown - 2 Days Old

Thursday, January 6, 2011

He's here!!!!!!

Jaggar Parks Brown arrived right on time... on his due date, December 20th, 2010.  He is just over 2 weeks old now and I have just remembered that I have a blog & maybe I should update it!! :)  I haven't had much sleep, as all new moms I'm sure and we are adjusting to this tiny little thing changing our world in such a big way but I can't imagine anything sweeter.  He is the most precious baby boy I have ever laid my eyes on (as I'm sure every new mom has also said).  I have never been very emotional and definitely not a cryer but this little bundle of boy can just melt my heart in a way that I could never believe and I could start crying right now just at the thought of him.  I can't imagine how such a little precious thing can eat so often and crap so much but he never seems to disappoint me in those 2 areas! :)  Just the last few days he has become EXTRA rotten and cries if he's not being held, rocked, bounced or anything besides being laid down on his own.  Sooo, mommy hasn't had much sleep at all the past few nights/days.  However, I just discovered this amazing little thing called a pacifier today!  I had been holding off to give it to him but I gave in today.  It is heaven-sent and he absolutely LOVES it.  I laid him down on his super soft pallet we made him and he just played on his own (w/ pacifier in) and then drifted off for a sweet little nap all on his own, no assistance needed from mommy.  It was so nice!  I have managed to do 3 loads of laundry, update my blog (obviously) & a few other things that I haven't had a chance to do when he doesn't let me put him down.  So, in my prayers tonight, I will be thanking the good Lord for whomever came up with pacifiers! :)
Two of my favorite things right now... 1) As he's waking up he always stretches REALLY big and every now & then will let out a toot to go along with the stretch.  It just cracks me up.  2) How he fits perfectly on my chest after eating and just cuddles up there like it's exactly where he belongs.  God has blessed us so tremendously.  We are so thankful for a beautiful, healthy son and thankful to all our family for the help these first couple of weeks!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment