The Surprises of Pregnancy, Expecting Our First Son and Starting a Family

The Surprises of Pregnancy, Expecting Our First Son and Excitement of Starting a Family!!

Jaggar Parks Brown

Jaggar Parks Brown
Jaggar Parks Brown - 2 Days Old

Friday, November 19, 2010

Aches, Pains & The Whole Crazy Thing

All I have to talk about these days are the aches, pains & everything "not fun" going on in my body right now.  I have officially reached the boredom stage of just waiting on little man to get here, along with the panic/anxiety stage of all things to come.  We have his room all set up, clothes washed & waiting.  As I anticipate D-Day, my body reminds me all of this will soon be over (insert choir singing "Alleluia").  My nights are filled less with sleep and more with shooting pains going through my hips, nasal congestion (depending on which side I'm laying), hand/feet swelling & most recently numbing/tingling of my arms & hands.  So as I try not to stress about my limbs falling off during the night, I think more about the sleepless nights to come with a little one & less about not being able to feel my fingers.  Once Ty gets up and goes to work, I surround myself with 8 pillows, strategically placed on all sides & that seems to be when I get my best rest.  Speaking of Ty, I have been freezing him out because I've been SO hot natured these last 2 months of the pregnancy.  I have yet to turn on the heater even though it's been getting into the 30's every night here lately.  Last night, it did feel a bit chilly in our house, even to me, so I was generous and turned on the heater so he wouldn't freeze during the night.  I woke up, literally drenched in sweat, kicked the covers off & seriously thought about turning the fan on.  Needless to say, the A/C is now back on and he better wear his thermal pj's to bed for the next 4 weeks. :)
I found myself having a bit of a panic attack in the aisle at Target the other day.  Stressing over which bottle warmer to get, thinking of MORE things I still needed and hadn't even thought about and starting to panic over the cost of everything to come, I found myself repeating my good friend Jana's quote "Breathe In God's Love, Exhale Anxiety."  I think that will be my daily routine from here on out... repeating it several times a day.  4 MORE WEEKS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. i feel for you about the sleep issues! that is no fun at all, but i promise you will sleep soundly again... in about 7 months if you're lucky! don't stress over things you need. you can get them as you need them. i bought a bottle warmer with avery, but haven't used it once with the second child! wish i could see your baby brown bump in person.

    ReplyDelete